Friday, July 3, 2009

Blueberry and coconut friands


Seeing smiles upon everyone's faces after wolfing down something you made is a wonderful feeling.

Whilst most of the recipes I try are liked, some don't go down so well. The last and first friand I made was such a success I thought I'd give another recipe a try, this time with blueberries rather than mango.


ease: 5/5.
prep time: 8mins.
cooking time: 15mins.

total: 23mins.


taste: 4.5/5. Everyone loved these - some found them a touch dry, but I think that was just due to the texture of the coconut (or maybe because I overcooked them for a minute), as I found them to have a gorgeous crispy, chewy exterior with a moist, fluffy interior dotted with tart but sweet bursts of blueberries. I used 7-8 frozen blueberries rather than 4-5 - probably could have used a touch more. It made seven 1/2cup friands.

would I make it again: Yes.

recipe: Blueberry and coconut friands from Notebook: - January 2007, Page 141

2 comments:

  1. they look fantastic! Your pictures are magnificent!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look and sound SO good!!! I adore your photography and reviews :)

    ReplyDelete