Saturday, April 30, 2011

Pumpkin pecan crunch muffins



 Today is Greedy Gourmand's 3rd Blogiversary.

I shall be celebrating quietly this day; there will be no candles to be extinguished nor cakes to be sliced, instead I will be sitting on my back porch, steaming cup of tea warming one hand with another leisurely picking at a muffin filled with Autumn's essence. Here's to your 3rd birthday, little blog.


ease: 4/5.
prep time: 20mins (does not include steaming pumpkin).
cooking time: 25mins.
total: 45mins.


taste: 4/5. Incredibly moist marvellous morsels.

The smell emanating from the oven whilst they baked and bronzed was enough to make you swoon and fall into a sugary-spice induced daze. The muffins themselves had a lovely, crunchy topping that gave way to a burnt umber base flecked with cinnamon and that was as moist as moist can be. They were so soft that I had to be extra delicate when popping them out of the pan. Even hubby declared them a winner.

I reduced the batter sugar amount by 1/4cup which I thought gave them that perfect amount of sweetness without being overly sweet.
I also reduced the nutmeg to 1/2tsp as I find nutmeg can be a little overwhelming, and there were enough other spices to keep it flavoursome.
I used steamed pumpkin in place of canned puree.
This made 12muffins for me.

would I make it again: Yes.


recipe: http://www.onceuponachef.com/2010/10/pumpkin-pecan-crunch-muffins.html

7 comments:

  1. I bet those taste heavenly!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy blogiversary!! And what gorgeous muffins to mark the occasion. I'm so happy to hear steamed pumpkin works well - I tend to shy away from recipes with canned pumpkin out of fear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy blogiversary and great looking muffins. I love pumpkin everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy blog birthday :) I love the look of these muffins. What a beautiful way to celebrate a special day.
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blog Birthday!! What gorgeous muffins to celebrate with, they look so delicious. Stunning photos too, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw, this is a worthy treat for a 3-year celebration. congrats, and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary to your blog! Your photos and writing are amazing, so are the recipes. The muffins look delicious!

    ReplyDelete