Saturday, March 3, 2012

Walnut cake

“Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.”
― Albert Camus

As much as we wrung every drop of sunshine from this sweet Summer's sojourn, it was Autumn's arrival that I was eagerly anticipating. Of the twelve months, March is my most treasured. Although it contains no birthdays nor festive holidays, I love it so for the way nature stirs within its embrace. 


Forever changing and yet always pleasantly wanted, the weather is best in Autumn's beginning. 


To celebrate both the beginning of my beloved season and also, my little loveheart's 6months in the world (or as I prefer to call it, her half-birthday), we will be scurrying away to the seaside to spread our toes in the sand should the sun decide to share its warmth, or snuggling up inside to play peek-a-boo and sip hot chocolate. 


How are you planning to spend this first weekend of Autumn (or Spring for those up north)?

ease: 4.5/5.
prep time: 15mins.
cooking time: 40mins.
total: 55mins.


taste: 3.5/5. Nutastic.


You really need to love walnuts to enjoy this cake, it's basically 'essence of walnut'.
It is gloriously moist with a crunchy topping and a hint of sweetness.


would I make it again: No. I prefer a Greek version of walnut cake that my grandmother makes.


recipe: http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2012/03/walnut-cake

3 comments:

  1. Awww half birthday! That's so cute! Beautiful photo of a delicious looking cake. I love that spoon too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm irrationally excited about your spoon--it's awesome! great cake, as well--it's high time the walnut got some attention!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy half birthday, little one. I too adore March. I've only recently come to love it, in the past I mourned the end of Summer a little too long. But these days, March weather truly is my favourite. Gorgeous shot.
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete