Monday, June 13, 2011

Parsnip soup with pecans & feta


Between turns of the page is where I have abided for the past week.
My eyes have devoured millions of words and my fingertips brushed the corners of countless pages during this phase of my bibliophilia. There is one drawback to reading so many books in such a short period, I often find myself too absorbed in some character's world to bother making anything other than a snack to settle the howling wolves of my stomach. After a few night's eating toast or porridge for dinner I decided enough was enough and that I needed a good, nourishing meal instead. Thus enters a large bowl of soup...

ease: 4/5.
prep time: 15mins.
cooking time: 50mins.
total: 1hour & 5mins.

taste: 4/5. Sweet, creamy parnsip with salty feta and nutty pecans = delightful.

The feta is what makes this dish, without it the parsnip soup would have been too sweet for me, but with the cheese it was wonderfully balanced. The soup is thick and velvety and all together satisfying.

would I make it again: Yes.

recipe: http://cookingquest.wordpress.com/2008/12/11/parsnip-soup-with-toasted-pecans-and-feta/

6 comments:

  1. totally obsessed with vegetable soups at the moment. My favourite is cauliflower with either feta, or parmesan! Feta does make them something special!
    I've never tried a parsnip one though. I will have to give it a go cause i love parsnips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous soup and combination! So comforting.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, please tell what you are reading! I'm starved for escapes into another world at the moment, yet can't settle on a single novel to read from my own bookshelves. I want something new to take me away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore soups like this! And with the pecans and feta, most unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so fantastic!! Love the combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy! I've never had pecans in my soup before..

    ReplyDelete