Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Roast Celeriac & Parmesan Tartlet

This recipe originally called for Gruyere cheese, which is a little too expensive to grate on top of a tart, so I substituted it for Parmesan.

EASE: 4/5. Fairly quick and there's few ingredients.
Prep time: 5mins. Slicing and seasoning the celeriac takes the most time. The other ingredients you just mix in a bowl while the celeriac is in the oven. I used PAMPAS shortcut pastry - which is a sweet one, so I sprinkled it with a little salt.
Cooking time: 50mins. 25mins for the celeriac and 25mins for the assembled tart
TOTAL:1 hour. Add 5mins cooling time for the celeriac before adding it to the pastry. I used a large fluted tart pan.

TASTE: 2/5.
The celeriac looked like potato therefore I was expecting to taste potato so the texture and flavour just didn't add up for me - would have much rathered it was potato as the egg mixture was yum.

Would I make it again:No.
Prefer other egg tarts. I served this for Ryan with a Pepper Scotch Fillet Steak.

Recipe:
http://www.cuisine.com.au/recipe/Roast-celeriac-and-gruyere-tartlet

No comments:

Post a Comment