Friday, October 9, 2009

Porridge with strawberry & banana brulee


A lack of posts has been due to a lack of eating food.

On Tuesday night I went out to dinner. Wednesday morning and afternoon I found that I had no appetite at all. Wednesday evening came along as did severe stomach cramps followed by vomiting and overall lousiness. A trip to the doctor the following day resulted in a diagnosis of Salmonella poisoning. It is now Friday afternoon and I have just begun to feel a little better, less pain, less nausea, less fevers. My appetite has still to return, but I thought it best to try to get some food into my stomach.

With little energy I needed something that needed little prep and little active cooking. Porridge is always easy, and this recipe only called for a an extra minute to slice and torch (my first time using my torch, and I loved every electric blue flamed minute of it). My porridge was sans brulee, as I thought sugar shouldn't be something I should eat right now - but hubby got the full deal.


ease: 5/5.
prep time:
2mins.
cooking time: 10mins.
total: 12mins.

taste: 4/5 (hubby's not a porridge fan, I'm sure I would have rated it higher). Creamy porridge, with sweet banana and tart, juicy strawberries with a gorgeous crunchy toffee taste - an indulgent but healthy breakfast.

would I make it again: Yes.

recipe:
Strawberry, banana, oatmeal brulee

3 comments:

  1. Hi there! I love reading your blog and I sent you this award - enjoy :)
    http://welcometotherockgarden.blogspot.com/2009/10/one-lovely-blog.html

    ReplyDelete