Tuesday, August 3, 2010

France 2010


A fortnight of travel showcased in a few photographs.

The journey began in Paris, France...


We travelled the rooms of the Louvre and sat on the steps of the Sacré-Coeur Basilica...


We touched the golden petals of sunflowers, feasted on Berthillon ice-cream and Nutella crepes and became hypnotised by carousels...


We walked the hall of mirrors at Versailles and from sunrise to sunset we gazed upon the Eiffel Tower from our balcony...


We explored the canals of Bruges and tasted the chocolates of Belgium...


We watched street performers in Avignon square and relaxed by the bridge on the riverbed...


We travelled through Lavender fields, chased butterflies and felt the Mistral wind blow in Provence...


And lastly, we came to the Côte d'Azur to lie on polished pebble beaches and dip our toes in the Mediterranean Sea.

Even with only two weeks of sights beheld, I have filled my head with enough to last me through one hundred dreams of beauty. It certainly was a trip to remember.

14 comments:

  1. What a fabulous collection of picturres! Amazing!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It seems that you've had a great time. I fell in love with Bruges three years ago. Lovely lovely city. Right? :)

    And your pictures are truly amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful photos, love it all <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, utter utter sigh! I went to Paris for the first time this year and fell in love. Your photos are gorgeous, and bring back so many memories... thank you.

    I can't help but ask, though: which Berthillon flavours did you try? I only ever had the salted caramel, and I'm so sad I missed out on chestnut, pain d'epice, dark chocolate...

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can say is....WOW! You are the most fantastic photo taker I have ever seen. Everything looks like I was right there, seeing it through my own eyes! I wish one day to make it to paris, but for now I'll lovingly dream while looking at your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The offical Berthillon store was actually closed til August! So we didn't get to sample as many flavours as we wanted, instead we went to a nearby shop that had a couple of Berthillon ice creams and tried them all.

    Cassis - this was DIVINE and my absolute favourite.
    Chocolate noir - my second favourite - flavour and taste, beautiful
    Rhubarb - very subtle and not as tart as I had hoped
    Nougat Honey - nice and creamy with great sticky chunks
    Poire - grainy like a real pair
    Strawberry - very sweet, almost like bubblegum

    So many more I wanted to try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay!!! finally some photos from France...what beautiful trip you had!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't suppose you could recommend to me the hotel you stayed at in Paris? We are honeymooning there next year (travelling throughout France, Italy and Switzerland) and we'd like a hotel to stay in for our first two nights in Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Missea

    Hubby and I actually rented an apartment the whole week we were in Paris so I can't personally recommend a hotel - sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Chanel11 - we are also renting an apartment in Paris for a week at the end of our trip, however we're staying for 2 nights right at the very start of our 4ish week journey. I'm sure we'll find somewhere lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful photos - the colours! The contrast! Wow. I need to get back to France soon... easier for me too, just need to hop on the Eurostar!

    Glad you had a lovely trip =)

    Jax x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning pictures! I've been shopping for a camera for months now! Would you be so kind to tell me which you used on your trip?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sure- I have a Canon EOS 5D Mark II and I used a 50mm 1.2 lens :)

    ReplyDelete