Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins

It has been a looooong time since I have cooked anything - even toast. So for my first cook in the new house I thought I'd de-virginise my new Kitchen Aid Artisan KSM150 (in Majestic Yellow...I'm in love with machinery). As my cupboards and fridge are depressingly bare I tried to find a recipe that basically just uses flour and eggs (without having to make pancakes). These Donut-y muffins fit the bill.

Some Facts About CINNAMON:
  • Cinnamon has been known from remote antiquity, and it was so highly prized among ancient nations that it was regarded as a gift fit for monarchs and other great potentates.
  • Cinnamon is harvested by growing the tree for two years and then coppicing it. The next year, about a dozen shoots will form from the roots. These shoots are then stripped of their bark, which is left to dry.
  • Cinnamon is high in antioxidant activity.
EASE: 4/5. A little more time consuming than pancakes but otherwise pretty easy.
Prep time: 12mins. To get ingredients ready, melt butter and combine everything. 2 mins to dip in butter and sugar. However it is better if you let your eggs come to room temperature before using them.
Cooking time: 13mins. I checked mine at 12 but they were still a little uncooked - however 2 mins later they were overdone.
TOTAL: 23mins.

TASTE: 3.5/5.
They were a little dry and without the sugar they wouldn't be very tasty.

Would I make again: No.
Not moist enough for a muffin - and not donut-y enough for a donut.

Recipe:
http://laurarebeccaskitchen.blogspot.com/2006/06/cinnamon-sugar-donut-muffins.html

No comments:

Post a Comment