Tuesday, September 23, 2008

risotto con parmigiano-reggiano


ease: 3/5. As with all risottos you have to constantly stir it to stop rice sticking to the bottom, so you have to be at the stove for 25mins.
prep time: 10mins. To get ingredients ready. Chopping onions takes the longest, to shorten time buy pre-grated Parmesan.
cooking time: 30mins. 5mins to soften onions and coat rice, and 25mins to cook risotto. I also put on a lid after adding butter and Parmesan and let it sit for a few minutes.
Total: 40mins. All hands on.

taste: 4/5.
I have made this recipe quite a few times. It is my favourite risotto recipe that I have made. It has always been consistent and is pretty foolproof. Tonight I doubled the quantity and it was a little more gluggy than usual, but still good. Doubling the recipe serves 5 well.

would I make it again: YES.
Made this tons of times already. Haven't had anyone not like it so far.

recipe:
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/RISOTTO-CON-PARMIGIANO-REGGIANO-4025

No comments:

Post a Comment