Sunday, September 13, 2009

Fruity breakfast eggflip


Pockets of french rose pink, periwinkle and heliotrope blooms border the dull cement pavement, offering splashes of saturated vibrancy.

Walking the dog is one of my favourite activities, especially on warmer days with subtle winds. Normally I chat idly to my husband but today I brought my camera along to photograph the plethora of colourful, textural plants of each neighbours gardens. I am lucky to live in a leafy suburb alongside people who value nature and strive to create beautiful and mostly native gardens.

Apart from the aesthetic appeal, having so much flora and fauna attracts a multitude of birds, all of which I love to watch as they burrow in between leaves and play tag with each other, deftly soaring in between branches.

It is the early dawns and lingering twilight that I love most about the warmer weather. Spring has managed to occupy the sun that little bit longer, allowing us to eat our supper just before the darkness descends. Another warmer day results in a cooling smoothie enjoyed outdoors.


Yoshi loves a smoothie.

ease: 5/5.
prep time:
5mins.
total: 5mins.

taste: 3.5/5. This was quite sweet for me, very fruity with a nice hint of nutmeg. Blueberries are the strongest flavour.
I made the following adjustments:
  • increased the frozen blueberries to 1/3cup
  • used 1 frozen banana
  • 1 dried fig
  • substituted oat bran for oats
  • used 1 cup milk and 1 cup soy milk

would I make it again: No.

recipe: Fruity Breakfast Eggflip

6 comments:

  1. what absolute beautiful photos!

    I remember consuming way too many eggflips when I was younger. Never had one with blueberries though. Sounds interesting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive never heard of eggflips!! Now this sounds very very interesting!!!

    Love your photos, so gorgeous!! Your dog is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is your dog!

    Love how the purple of the drink matches the purple of the t-shirt in the photo! Was it on purpose?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Looks like the perfect breakfast to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I love blueberries. This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nope - hubby chose his own tshirt and it just happened to match the drink.

    And my doggie is super cute, especially considering he is almost 12 - my lil furry munchkin.

    ReplyDelete