Thursday, February 18, 2010

Yoshi - Mummy misses you. We all miss you.

 Yoshi
my best friend
1998 - 2010

On Saturday 13th February, at 10:30pm, I received a phone call from the veterinary surgeon who was trying to remove the bone cancer from my dog's spine which we had only discovered 24hours previously, when out of nowhere, my little boy couldn't get himself up from the floor.

He had bad news...my baby had slipped away during the surgery.

I don't remember much of what he said as I just started screaming and didn't stop. We brought him home for one last night with us and soon he will be home again, in his little urn.

My dog wasn't just a dog, he was my son, and I have never felt such grief in all my life. I'm still trying to understand how one minute he was fine, and after one incident, he was suddenly gone.

I am trying my best to keep it together for the sake of my husband who has had to miss work to look after me because I can barely breathe.

All of my prayers are now wishes, that we will one day be reunited, and my heart will be whole again.

I love you Yoshi. I love you.

13 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss, there is nothing more painful than the loss of a beloved pet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am ever so sorry to hear about your loss. Animals are like children...

    Yoshi was a very sweet and beautiful dog!

    Hugs,

    Rosa xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. this yanks at my heartstrings more than anything in the world. i'm so sorry your baby's gone--it looks like you really brightened each other's lives. remember the happy moments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about this. I know how you feel. Just the thought of losing my dog brings a tear to my eye. Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry. I know nothing can really help at this moment, but he was truly a gorgeous dog, and was obviously so well loved. Thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Pets bring so much joy, but at the same time their loss is unbearable.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sadest news possible. I can only imagine the impact this has had on you and would be equally as devastated if we lost our little (puppy) girl. Try and remember the joy he bought to your life and let that give you strength. My heartfelt sympathy and thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry. I can tell from the pictures that he was so wonderful and just how much you loved him and he loved you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, there is no comfort at all. Pets are our friends and part of our family but their lives are short. He must have had a really special home...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm deeply sorry for your loss. He was such a beautiful boy, I'm sure his presence will never be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful dog he was. So sorry to hear about your loss.

    On a brighter note, it's nice to see photos of you too! You are gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so sorry. I know there is nothing anyone can say that really helps. I just lost my baby boy Ulysses S. Cat, after an enchantingly too short 20 1/2 years. I know we will see them again one day. God bless you and your beautiful Yoshi.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so sad. My condolences. He looked like a gorgeous dog.

    ReplyDelete