Monday, July 13, 2009

Chai spiced buttermilk pancakes


I always feel a little disoriented on Mondays.

Having had my weekday routine bucked by my do-nothing weekend, it is always difficult getting back into the swing of things on a Monday. However many 'to-do' lists I may write, they never get completed on a Monday.

Today I thought I would forget the lists and just try to do as much as I could or wanted to do. So far that has included some dishes, a catch up with my Mum, one load of laundry, some light vacuuming and a few meals; quite decent for a Monday actually.

Since I was taking it slow this morning I had plenty of time to make whatever I felt like; and today that was fragrantly spiced, plump pancakes.


ease: 5/5.
prep time: 7mins.
cooking time: 20mins to make 12 pancakes.
total: 27mins.

taste: 4.5/5. These were sublime! The pancakes are quite thick and moist and absolutely packed with spices. I found the flavour of the tea was the strongest followed by the other spices. I had this with maple syrup and it was the perfect accompaniment as it further enhanced the spices. On their own they are only very subtly sweet. I made the following modifications:
  • I used a vanilla chai tea
  • I doubled the spices
  • I added an extra 2 tbs of milk
  • I used 1tsp vanilla essence
would I make it again: Yes.

recipe: Chai spiced buttermilk pancakes

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE chai!!! These sound so great! Im glad you liked them!

    Im normally a list-gal, so you going without one is inspiring!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pancake PICTURES make me happy, so I can only imagine the happiness to be found by eating them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pancakes sounds wonderful! What a great idea. Thanks for the idea. Maybe I'll make some tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete