Saturday, July 4, 2009

Jamón and Manchego baked eggs

My house is pretty darn clean today.

This morning I woke up with steadfast determination to get a lot done. Normally I write a list of what to do and when to do it, but today I thought I'll just do whatever I feel like doing. That entailed a lot of laundry and a big scrub down of the kitchen and bathroom with some light vacuuming thrown in - and all before lunch :).

Right now I have that glow of a person who has managed to accomplish much with plenty of time left over for leisure. Apart from folding up some clothes once they dry, I think I shall only make a tart for tomorrow and some dinner tonight. My biggest dilemma is what to do with the rest of my free time - perhaps some reading or even a jigsaw puzzle with my puzzle-lovin husband.

Happy 4th of July to all in America.

ease: 5/5.
prep time:
14mins.
cooking time: 12mins.
total: 26mins.

taste: 2.5/5. The boys did not like this at all. The bread became soggy (I misunderstood the instructions - I think you are meant to line the bottom with 2 slices of bread, I only used 1) and my brother didn't like the sour taste from the vinegar. They didn't feel it went well and the texture was obviously unappealing. I only ate the Manchego which was very lovely - don't waste it in this dish. Such a shame, I thought it would have been nice.

would I make it again: No.

recipe: Jamón and Manchego baked eggs

2 comments:

  1. this is where pictures can be very, very misleading. i think i would def. leave out the sherry vin and maybe just bake the jamon in the cups for a bit till it gets crunchy, then add in the egg and allow to bake. finally, i would shave manchego on it and all the warm egg to melt it naturally. salt and pepper and a bit of hot sauce - yum!

    the pic is still very nice! thanks for the 4th of july wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry these didnt work out, the pictures speak otherwise thats for sure!!! I like the idea, maybe the recipe needs tweaking! vinegar/soggy doesnt sound too great eh?!

    Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete