Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Lamb, rosemary & garlic pie


Today I knew I would be working all day and in the evening I would be demolishing my bathroom to get it ready for the tiler when he comes in 4 days, so come dinner, I would not have time to stand at the stove cooking.

Pies are a favourite of mine, as although they take over an hour, there is little hands on cooking time.

ease: 4.5/5. A decent amount of prep work involved.
prep time:
1 hour. 20mins to dice and get everything into the one pan where it simmers for 40mins - so only 20mins active cooking.
cooking time:
25mins in the oven.
total:
1hr 25mins.

taste:
3/5. The criticisms were that it was too salty - probably due to the stock I used, I have to find a less salty stock as this as happened a few times before. And that the rosemary was too strong. I used fresh rosemary out of my garden so it may have been a bit bitter. Next time around I will use dried rosemary and no added salt whatsoever. I did not bother to line the base of the dish with pastry, nor did I add cornflour as it didn't need it. I halved the recipe but I also more than halved the cooking times as they were too long.

would I make it again:
Yes - with a few tweaks here and there.

recipe:
http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/19416/lamb+rosemary+and+garlic+pies

No comments:

Post a Comment