Saturday, December 6, 2008

Lavender oatmeal squares


Sunshine, glorious sunshine. Ahh yes, Summer has finally arrived. There is nothing nicer than finishing a lovely meal and still having some sunlight to eat dessert outside. I findmy energy levels are higher when the weather is warm and the sun is out.

Today I will spend most of the day cleaning or running around to find tiles and taps for my bathroom, but I will also set time aside to bake and cook. I had 30mins spare so I decided to whip up some of these as I just recently bought a little vial of lavender buds.

ease:
5/5.
prep time: 8mins. I chopped my almonds, if you use a packet of slivered almonds it would shave off a minute.
cooking time:
10mins.
total:
18mins.

taste:
3/5. The flavour was lovely, the yoghurt and honey come out first, followed by lavender and oats. However the texture was rubbery, not crunchy or curmbly in the slightest. Not sure why this happened as I used the exact amounts specified, I used white plain flour instead of whoeweat, maybe that affected it somehow.

would I make them again:
No. Not sure why the consistency was so gluey as I followed the recipe to the letter.

recipe
: http://tartelette.blogspot.com/2008/09/breakfast-thoughts-lavender-oatmeal.html

No comments:

Post a Comment