Thursday, November 6, 2008

Chicken, Haloumi and Preserved Lemon Skewers


Busy, busy, busy...but I did take some time out to make sure I had an early dinner outside on the deck in the radiant sunshine.

ease: 4.5/5.
prep time:
40mins - 10mins to make marinade and 30mins to leave chicken in fridge.
cooking time: 10mins. I did not use skewers and just cooked everything in a non stick fry pan.
total:
50mins.

taste: 3.5/5. I didn't have any preserved lemons so I just used 1 tbs lemon rind instead. I also used 3 chicken breasts and 2tbs of tube oregano. I used 360g of haloumi instead of 450g. We all wrapped the chicken in the pita and ate it like a souvlaki.

would I make it again:
Yes. It was tasty and easy and liked by everyone.

recipe:
http://sidewalkshoes.blogspot.com/2008/08/chicken-haloumi-and-preserved-lemon.html

No comments:

Post a Comment