Monday, November 10, 2008

Jam Crumb Cake


Summer really is just around the corner; 4 days of hot temperatures with plenty of sunshine, just what my transparent skin needs.

Tonight my partner and I are lucky enough to have dinner cooked for us by my dad. For the boys he is making Five Spice Duck with Hoisin sauce. For me he has some Pumpkin Soup OR Mushroom Thyme Soup (I made this soup a while ago, simply divine). As he was making dinner I thought I'd whip up something quick to bring for dessert. After I put it in the oven I called to let him know, after which he informed me that he had actually made a Tiramisu for dessert. 'No problem', I proclaimed, 'we'll just have to have a slice of both!' I think I'll have to wear my elasticated pants tonight...

ease: 4/5.
prep time: 15mins to make batter and crumb topping.
cooking time: 25mins
total: 45mins.

taste: 2/5. Extremely bland. Definitely needed more jam as you can barely taste it. Quite dry as well.

would I make it again: No.

recipe: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Jam-Crumb-Cake-240948

No comments:

Post a Comment