Thursday, November 27, 2008

Beef Burger


Time crept up on me today and left me in a hurry to make something for dinner before everyone went home.

Once again I am making another burger recipe as I want to try each one before the start of summer. It also worked well as it took next to no time to make, and was wolfed down in less than half that time.
olive oil, for brushing
4 burger buns
250g eye fillet
1tbs cracked black pepper
4 dill pickles, sliced
garlic aioli
4 slices prosciutto
200g cheddar cheese slices
Preheat oven to 180C. Heat nonstick pan over high heat. Brush meat with oil and season with pepper. Cook for 1min each side, transfer to baking tray and bake for 15mins for medium rare.
Brush buns with oil, top bottom halves with cheese slices and grill for 2mins until golden.
Place prosciutto on tray and grill for 1minute until crispy.
Thinly slice the beef. Spread buns with aioli and top with beef, prosciutto and pickles. Serves 4.

ease: 5/5.
Easiest burger I have made so far.
prep time: 3mins to sear meat and prep everything else.
cooking time:20mins. 15mins to cook meat in the oven and 5mins to do buns and prosciutto.
total: 23mins. Pretty quick - only around 10mins hands on cooking.

taste: 4/5. All 3 boys loved this - just meat and cheese, who knew they'd love it. I served it with some rocket in a raspberry balsamic reduction. I did not include the pickle as the boys hate pickles in their burgers.

would I make it again: Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment