Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Tandoori lab with rice salad



Blimey - within two minutes of being outside I had sweat coming out of every pore; I know I have been complaining about the wintry weather but at least give me an 'in-between day' instead of jumping from A straight to Z.

I was a little frustrated too as I would have put the hot weather to good use (drying laundry on the line) it also made me rethink dinner plans. I don't like to be at the stove on hot days so I wanted something I could leave or/and that cooks in minutes.

ease: 4.5/5.
prep time:
30mins. You need to marinate the lamb for 30mins - in that time I chopped up all the ingredients for the rice and put the rice on the stove as it needs more time than the meat to cook.
cooking time:
10mins to cook lamb chops.
total: 40mins.
About 10mins at the stove.

taste:
4/5. Boys loved the lamb, didn't like the rice that much (it also came out a little gluggy :( my fault).

would I make it again:
Yes for the lamb.

recipe: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/18983/tandoori+lamb+with+rice+salad

No comments:

Post a Comment