Sunday, December 21, 2008

Gingerbread pancakes


Well Summer has definitely arrived. At 3pm the temperature is around 28C and the sun is blazingly strong. Not only that but next weeks forecast predicts daily temperatures of above 26C - thankfully Christmas will be 26C which is comfortable, there's nothing worse than having a furnace for a kitchen whilst trying to stay dry and presentable for the relatives.



I woke up around 10am today, and thought I'd make something Christmas-y for breakfast as I haven't really made anything festive yet. I love gingerbread in all forms, I especially love those Pfeffernusse cookies my great grandmother always used to have in her cupboard. So when I stumbled upon gingerbread pancakes I started rubbing my hands with glee.

ease: 5/5. prep time: 5mins to get batter ready.
cooking time: 20mins - 1min per side. My batch made 10 pancakes from 1/4cup pourings.
total: 25mins.

taste: 3.5/5.
I loved them but I knew Ryan would think they weren't sweet enough so I added 2.5tbs of caster sugar - he still didn't think they were sweet enough. I forgot that I left my molasses at dad's so I substituted it with golden syrup - maybe this is why they weren't sweeter.
The spice mix was lovely and gave them that deep gingerbread smell.

would I make them again: Yes -
I may try another recipe though as there are many out there.

recipe: http://www.sugarlaws.com/gingerbread-pancakes-and-another-giveaway/

No comments:

Post a Comment