Monday, December 1, 2008

Deluxe Cheeseburger


Another day, another burger recipe. Beef is once again the main ingredient, but this time it comes in the form of a patty with caramelised onions and blue cheese dressing.

If you hadn't noticed I haven't been putting any effort at all into my photos. I am flat out as it is Xmas time which is the busiest time of year for me work wise. On top of that I have been renovating BOTH bathrooms which are due to be completed a week before Christmas. Once the new year has rolled around and my renovations are complete I will take more care with my photographs. I should also be receiving my new Canon EOS 5D Mark II soon as well, my first DSLR which is terribly exciting - so expect more photos (hopefully better as well).

500g beef mince
sea salt and cracked black pepper
2tsp Worcestershire sauce
4 field mushrooms, trimmed
80g butter, softened
4 burger buns, halved
olive oil, for brushing
200g Swiss cheese or cheddar slices
caramelised red onion
blue cheese dressing

Place beef, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl and mix to combine. Form four patties.
Melt some butter in saucepan and add sliced red onion, cook over low heat until onion caramelises.
Place mushrooms on baking tray. Place butter, salt and pepper and mix. Spread over mushrooms and grill for 5mins.
Brush the bun halves with oil and grill for 1min.
Heat non stick skillet with oil and cook patties for 4mins. Turn and top with cheese and cook for further 4mins.
Top buns with caramelised onions, blue cheese dressing, patties and mushrooms. Serves 4.

ease: 4.5/5. A few steps for each addition to the burger.
prep time: 25mins to caramelise onions, make patties and prep everything to grill.
cooking time: 10mins to cook patties, and grill mushrooms and buns and assemble burgers.
total: 35mins.

taste: 4/5. Boys enjoyed it. I had one minus the beef patty and it was super tasty. The tangy sweetness of the onions was gorgeous with the salty earthiness of the mushrooms and the creaminess of the bitey blue cheese dressing. I used cheddar as some of the boys don't like Swiss. Due to misreading, I added 2tbs instead of 2tsp Worcestershire sauce to the patties, don't think it made a big difference.

would I make it again: Yes. Takes a little longer to make than the other beef burger but it's still a good burger.

No comments:

Post a Comment