Saturday, January 3, 2009

Irish coffee brownies


It has been a long time since I last posted, as it has also been a long time since I last cooked anything other than toast. I must admit that the New Year for me started very slowly and lethargically. After days of reading and snacking I decided to get up and make something.

I had half a bottle of Irish Bailey's in the fridge so I thought it would be perfect with this recipe.

ease: 5/5. prep time: 13mins.
cooking time: 20mins.
total: 33mins.

taste: 3/5.
My brownies were nothing like brownies at all, rather they were like a moist cake. My brownies don't even look like the picture on the blog - they were light brown and not gooey at all. The Bailey's softly comes through, though the flavour isn't super strong as is the coffee.

would I make it again: No. Not gooey and I have other brownie recipes that worked first try.

recipe: http://wesaturtle.net/recipes/?p=23

1 comment:

  1. you were supposed to use Irish whiskey not Bailey's Irish Cream in the recipe

    ReplyDelete