Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sugar plum crumble


Years ago, when I still believed in Santa and wore pink tutus, I had a tiny porcelain baby (also in a pink tutu) with alabaster skin and sandy hair. She was my favourite baby doll; her name was Sugarplum. I would read bed time stories to her, feed her milk and tuck her in next to me while I slept. And after 4 years (until I was around 6) she was still in one piece.

So I make this crumble in remembrance of her and of all the wonderful times I had in my childhood playing make-believe.

ease: 4/5. prep time: 10mins.
cooking time: 25mins.
total: 35mins. Only 10mins hands on time with little clean up, can't beat that.

taste: 4/5. I found this really lovely. I thought perhaps the spices wouldn't come through but they do and they work wonderfully with the plums, really gorgeous flavours. The crumble was a little crumblier than I would have liked - might use less flour next time. Some found the plums tart but I think they worked well with the crumble and spices. Not a super sweet dessert.

would I make it again: No. Only because my partner thinks plums are too tart, otherwise I definitely would have.

recipe: http://www.cuisine.com.au/recipe/Sugar-plum-crumble

No comments:

Post a Comment