Saturday, August 22, 2009

Cheeseburger


I have a non-alcoholic induced hangover - I think I shall call it the loud-music-and-screaming-to-talk hangover.

This morning, the sunshine streaming through my window was like a laser pointer to my eyes, a split second later came the numb pain, mostly localised the the front of my brain and eye sockets. My nose also had a tingle, hopefully of the allergy variety rather than the cold-and-flu. Although I did not drink any dubious substances, I did overdose just a little on chocolate. I had eaten two more of my chocolate puddings during the day (I made six, and there are only two of us so I must eat my share) and in the evening I binged on chocolates, tim tams and Laurent cakes filled with all types of, you guessed it, chocolate. I must add that last night was the celebration of my gorgeous sister-in-law's 26th birthday. After the junk fest we spent the night at a bar, where the loud music and screaming took place.

It has probably been at least 3 years since my husband and I last went to a club/bar, so my noise tolerance had reverted back to my pre-club years. As we had wonderful company, the night was wonderful and worth today's repercussions.

Because I don't drink alcohol I've never had the craving for 'greasy' food after a big night out, hubby on the other hand had a drink or too (with absolutely no repercussions) so I thought I'd make him a burger (they're not that greasy when home made but comforting none the less). The fact that I'd be spending less than 10 minutes in the kitchen was also wunderbar.
ease: 5/5.

prep time:
2mins (to get patties on, do all other prep while they cook).
cooking time: 8 mins.
total: 10mins.

taste: 3/5. Hubby liked it, however as I have made him quite a few hamburgers before, he didn't like these more than this deluxe cheeseburger for instance.
It is perfect for when you want minmum mess and dinner ready in pretty much 10mins.

would I make it again: No, I have time to cook so I can spare it on something he likes more.

recipe: Cheeseburger

1 comment:

  1. I'm a big fan of burgers! This one look delicious!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete