Saturday, August 15, 2009

Mixed berry fool with almond biscotti & honey

Sirens blaring, crinkling cellophane pie packets, cat calls and screaming fans - the sounds of an Australian footy game.

Without sounding unpatriotic, I never really got into footy as much as my mum and brother. Whilst I did watch Carlton play during the finals, I could never muster enough enthusiasm to watch their other games on TV. But there's something about being at the large stadiums, surrounded by thousands of excited people that really brings the game alive. Even someone like me can get caught up in the moment and let out a holler or two; and the Mexican waves are always fun.

My husband barracks for Essendon so I support him as best I can through the ups and downs of watching the team you love. We were lucky enough to receive free tickets to sit in Australia Post's booth (courtesy of our account manager) and watch a game without the likelihood of doing so drenched in rain. Who could say no to that?

We didn't have much time in the morning, so I wanted something quick, preferably with a healthy edge (as junk tends to be the plat du jour at the footy) and somewhat filling.


ease: 5/5.
prep time: 6mins (not including thawing time). I also skipped the sieve part.
total: 5mins.

taste: 3.5/5. It's pretty much mixed berry yoghurt with honey and a biscuit - nothing exciting. Overall it is tart and tangy with hints of sweetness from the honey and crumbly almond biscuit. Lovely for breakfast but not for company.

would I make it again: No - prefer plain yoghurt with the berries sprinkled on top.

recipe: Mixed berry fool with almond biscotti & honey from Good Taste - March 2007, Page 56

4 comments:

  1. A deliciously refreshing dessert!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Footy... I think that must be soccer there right? If so, I am not so much a fan either.. at all! But the things we do for the ones we love, right?! :)

    Im sorry this wasnt all it was hyped to be, it looks SOOO pretty though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha no footy is what we call Australian rules football which is nothing like soccer (you can pick up the ball and kick it like they do in American football).

    In Australia we also call Soccer soccer like you guys.

    I'm not really into any sport I don't think - I was the quiet bookworm with absolutely no coordination at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty!
    I would love to eat this for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete