Thursday, August 6, 2009

Walnut-orange cake


The wind has not been playing nice with Melbourne as of late.

It has been caught running at 120mph, tearing off roofs and snapping boughs with little regard to us humans. During the day I can withstand its tempestuous mood, but at night, I must admit, it can frighten me out of my soothing sleep and leave me with cowering beneath my blankets reaching for my husbands hand underneath the sheets. Even my little fur ball of love, Yoshi comes whimpering in for a reassuring pat on the head.

Nothing settles my nerves more than a cup of herbal, steaming, fragrant tea. And whilst it is comforting on its own, coupled with a slice of cake, it's downright relaxing.


ease: 5/5.
prep time: 15mins.
cooking time: 1 hour.
total: 1 hour & 15mins.

taste: 4/5. This is a simple cake best eaten with a cup of tea whilst chatting to friends. It is moist but airy with a gorgeous crunchy crust and a tiny hint of bitter orange.

would I make it again: No. It was nice but there are many other cakes out there waiting to be baked.

recipe: Walnut-Orange cake

2 comments:

  1. I can just imagine the taste!
    I love the idea of walnut and orange in a cake! Yum :)

    ReplyDelete