Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Camembert, apple & spinach salad with garlic toasts


I am, for the most part, a Vegetarian; my partner however, is an absolute carnivore. As he cannot cook for himself (and mostly because I do not want him messing up my kitchen) I cook meats for him such as:
  • chicken (not a whole chicken, just breasts or sometimes thighs etc)
  • lamb
  • beef
  • pork
  • fish
I tend to cook more chicken, however this week I have slotted in two pork dishes. Tonight I'm cooking a fennel seed crusted pork loin chop and I wanted a suitable side salad. I found one with apples and Camembert which I thought would go perfectly (obviously I don't eat pork so I am just assuming they go well as pork and apple recipes are abundant).

ease: 3/5. You have to toast, fry and slice.
prep time: 4mins to make dressing and slice ingredients.
cooking time: 7mins to fry apples and toast bread.
total:
11mins. A little time consuming for an average salad.

taste:
2.5/5. The cider made it too bitey and the warm apples felt out of place. No one liked the apples in it at all actually.

would I make it again: No. It just didn't 'flow' very well. It was hard to fit everything on one fork as well.

recipe: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/4189/camembert+apple+spinach+salad+with+garlic+toasts

No comments:

Post a Comment